Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Perfect Love



Happy Valentine’s Day


But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; 
but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

     Loveaffection: a strong liking; to admire passionately; benevolence; charity; the devoted attachment to one of the opposite sex; passion; the object of affection; the personification of love; to show affection for; to be delighted with;  to be in love; to delight.  to meet another person’s needs without expecting anything back in return.
(the meaning of love - as defined by various people)

May you each feel the glory of affectionate, benevolent, charitable, devoted, and passionate love in your lives, today and always, whether it be romantic, friendship, family, self, or Godly love.

May you each receive the absolute joy of loving someone enough to freely give all of yourself in order to meet their needs, without wanting or expecting anything in return.

And may you all have courage enough to step out today and tell someone you love them, even if it be a stranger!  You never know whose life you might change, enrich or save by those few little words.

An Excerpt from The Greatest Book of Love:

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. 
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.
Love is patient and kind. 
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 
It does not demand its own way. 
It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. 
But love will last forever!



1 Corinthians 13:1-8
(New Living Translation)

Happy Love Someone Day!
Will you all be my Valentines?
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment