Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fine Silk Upon My Skin



How beautiful are your Words to me
Like fine silk upon my skin
When reading from your love to me -
While wearied and courage thin.

Though constant seem my trials and fears
Insecurities abound
Loving peace and tranquility
In Your presence I have found.

Oh Lord, how I love Your beautiful, wonderful Words of Love!

Wow, once again I am amazed at the smile on my face and the peace in my heart after reading a few short verses in my Lord’s holy Word. 

It seems no matter how discouraged or apprehensive I am feeling - with anything - I can go to the Book of Love for some encouragement and always come away feeling better.

Today I opened God’s Words of Love to Me, to the book of Romans. Chapter 12, especially verses 10-21 began to speak to me and caress my heart. 

Here I learned (once again) that my troubles and fears – my issues – are not exclusive to me.  God has already written advice to counteract them, so many must be those who have these same issues, if God feels He should address them.  Here, I see that I am not alone in my issues - yay!  (He says - persevering in tribulation: weep with those who weep…, so I cannot be the only one.)  And if I am dismayed or hurt with a “friend’s” behavior, here God has written how to handle that.   Feed them, give them drink, for in doing so, that will heap burning coals on his (or her) head!  I wonder; is this where the phrase “kill them with kindness” comes from? 

So, I am comforted in knowing that God did not single me out to weep and to have trials and tribulations – we all must have to endure those things, or else why would He address them specifically?  And furthermore, He says to share these times with others, which means none of us should be alone in our trials, that we should all help one another.  I need not feel bad, weak or insecure in asking for help or support.  That is comforting indeed.  

And don’t forget, He says to rejoice with those rejoicing also!!  So that means there are plenty of happy times to share too!  Yes!

And chapter 12 verse 19 – Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGENCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.”

Yay! Yay! Yay!   I don’t have to worry about getting back or even with any one of those people who have hurt me or my loved ones – right here it tells me that God will take care of that!  That leaves me free to be a nice person.  I like being a nice person so much better than holding onto bitterness or revenge in my heart!  Don’t you? 

Phhhhhhewwwwww!!!  I am so relieved!!!  God’s got my back.  (smile, smile)

Stay tuned for tomorrow.  We'll talk about being beloved.
<3 Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment